In certain strategic circumstances, Intrexon enters into a joint venture with an ECC partner. Intrexon has executed three such joint venture agreements to date:
- S & I Ophthalmic is a joint venture between Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., an international specialty pharmaceutical company focused on chronic diseases, and Intrexon to develop gene-based therapies utilizing the RheoSwitch® platform for the treatment of ocular diseases.
- OvaXon is a joint venture between OvaScience, Inc., a life sciences company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of new treatments for infertility, and Intrexon to develop cutting-edge improvements for improving human and animal health.
- Intrexon Energy Partners is a joint venture with a select group of external investors to optimize and scale-up Intrexon’s methane bioconversion platform to generate high-value fuels and lubricants from natural gas.
- Intrexon Energy Partners II is a joint venture with a select group of external investors to produce 1,4-butanediol, a key chemical intermediate with a global market value exceeding $5 billion that is used to manufacture spandex, polyurethane, plastics, as well as polyester, through Intrexon’s methane bioconversion platform.
- Intrexon T1D Partners, LLC, is a joint venture with a select group of external investors to develop ActoBiotics® based antigen-specific immunotherapy to treat type 1 diabetes (T1D) in humans.
to discuss Joint Venture collaboration opportunities.